Upgrading Standard ASP.NET Version of ADefHelpDesk
1) Backup the database and the entire web directory. This is very important.
2) Obtain the "upgrade" package of ADefHelpDesk (the difference between the normal installation package and the upgrade package is that the upgrade package does not contain a web.config file).
3) Unzip the entire contents of the "upgrade" page over the existing files.
4) In your web browser, navigate to the Default.aspx page in the root of the website. The code will automatically detect that the site needs to run the upgrade process and will present a link to enter the set-up wizard.
5) Navigate through the wizard
6) When you log in as an administrator, and go to Administrator Settings, you will see the current version